The AHA Scientific Sessions are a wonderful opportunity for us to collaborate with highly-respected clinicians, researchers and scientists from around the globe. I invite anyone attending the conference to stop by our Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute booth (#2031) in the Exhibit Hall and learn more about our research collaboration opportunities.
Many of our researchers and clinicians will also engage with conference attendees and social media observers using #AHA16 on Twitter. I invite you to follow them: @TJaredBunch, @VietHeartPA, @drjohndayMD, @DrBenjaminHorne, @vejnp, @k_graves and @ballantynebecca for news and updates throughout the conference. You can also follow news from the Scientific Sessions on the Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute's Twitter account and Facebook page.Here's a day-by-day breakdown of our presentations and research posters from the Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute:
Saturday, Nov. 12, 2016
- 1-1:40 p.m. (Room 338-339) Jared Bunch, MD, on "Considering Electrophysiology as a Specialty"
- 2-3:10 p.m. (Room 338-339) Jared Bunch, MD, on "My Story: A Panel Discussion on the Different Types of EP Career Options"
- 2-3:15 p.m. (Poster 4074) Benjamin Horne, PhD, on "Incident Heart Failure Risk After Acute Myocardial Infarction is Stratified by IMACE Risk Score"
- 2:30-2:35 p.m. (Clinical Science Theater) Victoria Jacobs, PhD, on "Symptoms Consistent with Vagus Nerve Injury Post Radiofrequency Catheter Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation"
- 2:50-2:55 p.m. (Clinical Science Theater) Jared Bunch, MD, on :5-year Impact of Catheter Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation in Patients with a Prior History of Stroke"
- 3:30-3:50 p.m. (Room 342) Brent Muhlestein, MD, on "ABIM Learning Session: Cardiovascular Disease, 2016 Update"
- 3:45-5 p.m. (Poster 4283) Brent Muhlestein, MD, on "Safety and Efficacy of Peri-Procedural Heparin Plus Short Term Infusion of Tirofiban v. Bivalirudin in Patients Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
- 4:30-4:35 p.m. (Population Science Theater) Viet Le, PA-C, on "Cardiac Rehab Not Clearly Associated with Reduction in MACE Events in First 30-days Post Hospital Discharge"
- 5-5:05 p.m. (Population Science Theater) Viet Le, PA-C, on "The Association of Depressive Symptoms Prior to Cardiovascular Surgery to Death and Mitigating Effects of Cardiac Rehab Attendance"
- 9-11 a.m. (Room 342) Brent Muhlestein, MD, on "ABIM Learning Session: Cardiovascular Disease, 2016 Update"
- 11:40-11:45 (Room 255-257) John Day, MD, on "Atrial Fibrillation, Ablation and Cognition: Protecting the Brain"
- 10:45-Noon (Poster 2087) Benjamin Horne, PhD, on "Objective Stratification of Six-Month Mortality Risk Among Patients Referred to Hospice"
- 10:45-Noon (Poster 047) Viet Le, PA-C, on Coronary Calcium Quantification in Patients with Normal Cardiac PET/CT Imaging Identifies Patients with Residual High Risk of MACE at One Year"
- 10:45-Noon (Poster 5048) Donald Lappé, MD, on "Effectiveness of Tracking and Reporting Patient Radiation Exposure"
- 10:45-Noon (Poster 3026) Heidi May, PhD, on "Addition of Depression Severity Indices to the Intermountain Risk Score for Predicting 3-year Risk of Chronic Disease"
- 11:15-11:30 p.m. (Booth 2355) Jared Bunch, MD, on "How to Leverage Social Media to Develop a Successful EP Practice: The Dos and Don'ts"
- 2:45-3 p.m. (Main Event 1) Elizabeth Joy, MD, from Intermountain Healthcare on "Practical Solutions for Integrating Physical Activity in the Evolving US Health Care Landscape"
- 5:30-5:45 p.m. (Room 211-213) John Day, MD, on "Lifestyle Changes to Prevent Atrial Fibrillation"
- 10:45-Noon (Poster 2045) Heidi May, PhD, on "Association of the Different Vitamin D Metabolites to Death, MI, Heart Failure, Stroke"
- 12:45-2 p.m. (Poster 1102) Benjamin Horne, PhD, on "Association Between Short Telomere Length and Major Cardiovascular Events is Influenced by Proximity of Telomere Measurement to Event"
- 1:30-2:45 p.m. (Poster 5151) Jared Bunch, MD, on "Atrial Fibrillation Associated with Higher Rates of Dementia in Patients Anticoagulated with Warfarin"
- 1:30-2:45 p.m. (Poster 5229) Steve Mason, PA, on "MRI and ICDs or Pacemakers After Magnasafe"
- 2-2:15 p.m. (Room 255-257) John Day, MD, on "Atrial Fibrillation Causes Dementia: A Myth or Reality?"
- 4-4:15 p.m. (Room 260-262) John Day, MD, on "The Brain and the Heart"