Here are some fun ideas for staying active in the winter:
What other things can you think of?
- During the holidays, walk around the block caroling, enjoying the lights and decorations, or delivering cards or gifts to your neighbors and friends - instead of driving.
- Rake leaves and shovel snow.
- Enjoy the snow. Go sledding, skiing/snowboarding, making snow angels, have snow ball fights and build a snow man!
- Exercise during commercials by doing jumping jacks, pushups, crunches, etc. See how many you can do before the commercial ends.
- Play active video games, like the ones that require you to dance or play other virtual sports.
- Go swimming at an indoor pool.
- Crank up the music and dance like crazy!
- Clean your house or do extra chores.
- Go for a new record, such as how long you can juggle, hula hoop, jump rope, or somersault.
- Challenge your siblings and parents to see who can stand on one foot longest, stay in a certain Yoga position longest, or who can do five pushups fastest? Make it fun!
Be creative! There are a lot of other ways to stay active and have fun in the winter.