Summer is in full swing, which means it’s time to get out there and get hiking!
Besides being a great summer activity, hiking also offers a variety of health benefits:
- Improves heart, lung, and blood vessel fitness
- Improves muscle fitness
- Lowers risk of high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes
- Reduces depression and improves sleep quality
To help you and your family hit the trails, we’ve created LiVe Well Healthy Hikes: 80 trail guides that are the perfect companion to summer adventuring with photos and directions to Utah’s best hiking spots.
And because we really want to inspire you to get down with nature and up with a healthy lifestyle, we’re kicking off a Healthy Hikes contest!How Do I Play?
- Every weekend, we’ll hide a laminated prize card at two of the Healthy Hikes trails.
- We’ll announce the weekend’s prize trails, along with coordinates and clues, on Facebook and Twitter.
- If you find the prize card:
- Take a selfie with the prize card Tag @Intermountain
- Share on Facebook or Twitter
- You win, and we’ll send you instructions on how to redeem your prize!
We’ve got a whole pile of awesome prizes you can get your hands on:
- Gift cards of all sorts
- National park passes
- Trail running shoes
- And more cool stuff!
This only lasts for 5 weekends, so dust off the old hiking shoes, pack your snacks, and get hiking! We’ll see you on the trail.