If you already have a SelectHealth Individual plan, it will likely renew automatically, but now is a good time to make sure you’re on a plan that meets your needs. Open enrollment runs from November 1, 2015, to January 31, 2016. But remember, if you want a plan that starts January 1st, you’ll need to enroll by December 15th.
How do I choose the right plan for me and my family?
There's a lot to consider when choosing new health coverage. You should think about the provider network, your medical and pharmacy expenses, and how much you can afford. If you would find it helpful to talk with an agent about your questions before you commit to a plan, feel free to call 855-442-0220. There is no obligation.
What is the penalty for not having coverage?
Penalties are increasing in 2016 to 2.5 percent of your income, or $695 for an adult and $347.50 per child, whichever is higher. As long as you have health insurance without a break in coverage totaling more than three months you can avoid this tax penalty. There are other exceptions to the penalties and they can be found on Healthcare.gov.
Healthcare is expensive, and costs continue to rise. How can I afford a plan?
There are many resources available that can make health coverage more affordable. Depending on your income, you may qualify for a monthly subsidy that can reduce your monthly premium. In addition, some people may qualify for a cost share reduction, which can reduce deductibles and copays. Most plans also include free preventive care. And remember, if you qualified for a tax credit in 2015 and your finances have changed, visit healthcare.gov to update your account—that way you’ll be sure to get the right amount next year.
Need an expert? Give us a call at 855-442-0220, visit our website selecthealth.org, or come to one of our many enrollment events – we’d love to help you find the right plan.
Now that I have a plan, how can I use it to stay healthy?
We provide lots of resources to help you and your family stay healthy:
RELATED: The Secret Sauce to Living Well
• Member Advocates can help you find the right doctor, clinic, or behavioral health provider for your needs. They can even schedule an appointment—no referral necessary. (800-515-2220)
• Take advantage of your preventive care benefits. Most preventive care is covered 100 percent, and it will help you detect and treat concerns early.
• Sign up for My Health. Take a health assessment, look up prescription drug costs, and review your benefits.
• Download the SelectHealth mobile app to view your ID Card, search for doctors and hospitals, view your claims, and more.
• Call our 24-hour nurse line when you have medical questions or concerns.
Take the time to evaluate your coverage options during open enrollment. After January 31, you can only purchase or change coverage if you qualify for a “Special Enrollment Period” Need an expert? Call us at 855-442-0220, visit our website at selecthealth.org, or come to one of our many enrollment events.