Homemade Vanilla Almond Granola
Servings: 4-5 cups Serving Size: ½ Cup
Can store for 3 weeks. Bake Time: 25 Minutes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
3 cups old-fashioned oats
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
¼ cup coconut or sunflower oil
¼ cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup sliced almonds
½ cup wide cut coconut
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup dried fruit of choice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line edged baking sheet with
2. Mix rolled oats and brown sugar together.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together the oil, honey and vanilla.
4. Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and stir to coat thoroughly.
5. Add in chopped almonds. (Add optional seeds)
6. Spread on baking sheet bake for 25 minutes.
7. Stir frequently (every 5 minutes) to ensure even baking. It should
be golden brown when it is done.
8. Add any dried fruit or coconut after finished baking. (Optional)
9. Let it cool on the baking sheet and break up any large pieces.
10. Store in an airtight container and Enjoy!
Recipe for Yogurt Parfait (pg. 50-52) or pair with ½ cup of non-fat Greek yogurt or low or non-fat milk with a ½ medium sliced banana.
Total Calories: 230 cals
Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Protein: 6 g
Total Carbohydrate: 30 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 0 mg