Serving size: about 1½ cups
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 box whole wheat pasta (rotini or penne)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced and halved
- 1 can of no-salt-added corn, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil, cut into slivers
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- Cook pasta according to directions on package, omitting added fat and salt.
- Meanwhile, dice vegetables and put into large bowl. Add corn.
- When pasta is done, drain and allow to cool.
- Add pasta, olive oil, basil, black pepper and garlic to bowl.
- Stir gently to mix pasta and vegetables. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
This Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad works well with these other recipes:
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Butter