GREEN GRILLED CHEESE
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2-3 T pesto (find prepared containers at many delis, jarred near canned olives, or make your own)
- 2 slice mozzarella cheese (part-skim)
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- Handful (about 1/2 cup) fresh baby spinach
- 2 T feta cheese or goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1 T olive oil or butter
- Spread pesto on both slices of bread.
- On one slice of bread add 1 slice of mozzarella cheese, sliced avocado, spinach, and feta cheese. Top with 2nd slice of cheese and then second slice of bread. Press together gently.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium low heat. Add sandwich and cook until bread is golden brown. Press down on sandwich lightly, then flip sandwich over and cook until second side is golden brown.
- Total calories: 650 cals
- Total carbohydrates: 26 g
- Total fat: 39 g fat (mostly healthier fats)
- Dietary fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 25 g
Nutrition facts may vary depending on various types of bread and pesto.