A vegetarian dish that provides the perfect kick of flavor, this Indian vegetable curry has a slightly sweet and mildly spicy taste. Add whole-grain naan and your favorite variety of grapes to complete this tasty meal.
2 1/8 tsp. olive oil
2/3 cup yellow onion, diced
2/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp. green onion, diced
2 tsp. fresh thyme
3/4 cups carrots, diced
2 1/8 tsp. garlic, chopped
2 1/8 tsp. ginger purée
1 1/8 tsp. curry powder
1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
1 1/3 cups water
3/4 each jalapeño
2 cups butternut squash, cubed
1 cup tomato, diced
2 cups zucchini, sliced
5 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
5 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Add onions, red pepper, carrots, green onions, and thyme; sauté vegetables until tender.
- Add garlic and ginger, sauté 3-4 minutes. Add curry powder; sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; add the water.
- Pierce jalapeño with fork; add to pan.
- Add squash, zucchini and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil; discard pepper.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Serve 3/4 cup of Indian vegetable curry over 1 cup of brown rice per serving, garnish with fresh chopped parsley.