A cool, crisp fall day goes hand in hand with homemade chili. This chili recipe gets an added nutritional boost with ingredients like sweet potatoes and black beans.
SERVINGS: 4 to 6 | SERVING SIZE: 1.5 cups
Carbs: 50 grams
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil on stove over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic to oil, cook until the onion softens.
- Add all ingredients to crock pot.
- Cook on medium for 6-8 hours or cook on high for 4-6 hours.