Fourth-year Family Medicine Acting Internships of four weeks duration are available to medical students from LCME-accredited or AOA-approved medical schools. This internship will include:
- One week in our PCMH-certified outpatient clinic, working one-on-one with a physician faculty or a senior resident
- Two weeks of days and one week of nights on our inpatient family medicine service where you will assist with admitting, rounding, and cross-covering for our busy and diverse inpatient service
- Time to interact with our robust behavioral health team, our care coordinators, and our nursing staff
- “Education Days” --a series of didactic lectures on Wednesday afternoons attended by all residents and faculty
- Half-day experiences on the labor and delivery unit, in the OMT clinic, or with our behavioral health team, if the schedule permits
Included below are rotation dates for the 2024-2025 academic year:
8/5/2024 - 8/30/2024
8/19/2024 - 9/13/2024
9/2/2024 - 9/27/2024
9/16/2024 - 10/11/2024
9/30/2024 - 10/25/2024
10/14/2024 - 11/8/2024
10/28/2024 - 11/22/2024
11/11/2024 - 12/6/2024
11/25/2024 - 12/20/2024
12/9/2024 - 1/3/2025
1/6/2025 - 1/31/2025
The application below will ask for a preferred date for your rotation. It is important to acknowledge that early in the academic year, our inpatient service can be less busy than usual as we orient our new residents to their roles in a new hospital setting. However, the early dates for rotations may allow students to request a letter of recommendation from a faculty member that can be used in their ERAS application. Please consider your date selection based on your specific needs and interests.
Beyond the great clinical opportunities, you will also have a chance to explore what the Western Slope of Colorado has to offer. World-class mountain biking, hiking, trail running, camping, skiing, and backpacking can all be found a short distance from the hospital and clinic. Within town, you’ll find many great restaurants, wineries, shops, and local festivals to enjoy. We typically have housing on the St. Mary’s Medical Center Campus available to rotating medical students for a reasonable fee.
The application form for the Fourth-year Family Medicine Acting Internships can be found here.
Requirements for an acting internship include a completed application, updated CV, unofficial medical school transcript, liability insurance, health insurance coverage, and proof of up-to-date immunizations.
Please note that applications will only be accepted and reviewed from March 1 - May 1 for the following academic year. We will be in communication with you via email once your application has been received and reviewed. We encourage you to apply early as spots are filled on a rolling basis. For questions regarding this family medicine rotation or application, please contact Ashley.Miller2@imail.org.