Candidates applying to Intermountain Healthcare's pharmacy residency program must submit a complete application that includes PhORCAS, supplemental materials and an Intermountain Healthcare employee application.
Candidate Application and Selection
- All applicants must submit the following information through the PhORCAS system:
- PhORCAS standard residency application
- Current curriculum vitae
- Three letters of reference using the ASHP standard form (ideally including one from a work supervisor, if available)
- College of pharmacy transcripts (3.0 minimum GPA - see note below if no GPA is given)
- Letter of intent
- As part of the application process, all PGY1-based residency applicants must complete a brief recorded video interview through HireVue. After you submit your Intermountain employment application, you will be given a link to record your video. The video interview process typically takes less than 15 minutes and can be recorded any time before the final application deadline. We strongly encourage candidates to submit their employment application at least 2-3 business days before the deadline. This will ensure you have adequate time to receive the HireVue link and record your video interview.
- PGY1 pharmacy (hospital-based) programs and PGY1/PGY2 medication-use safety and policy residency applicants only, upload as supplemental documents:
- Please answer the following question (250 word limit): Describe a time when you had to think outside the box or develop an innovative solution to a non-traditional problem.
If graduating from a school that uses a pass / fail grading system, please submit your class rank. This is currently done outside of the PhORCAS system due to FERPA rules. If needed, we can supply a letter of request which can be forwarded to your school administration. The class rank should be sent to the residency program director, Conor Hanrahan. This is required if no GPA is provided on your transcript.
All application information must be received prior to 10 pm MST on December 31st.
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions without consideration of age, disability, gender, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, race, color, religion, sexual orientation or genetic information.