About Intermountain EAP
Employee Assistance Program
National Nutrition Month
Here are five health tips to help fuel your mind and body from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics:
- Eat Breakfast - Start your day with a healthy breakfast that includes lean protein, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. Try making a breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs, cheese, and salsa on a whole wheat tortilla. Or try a parfait with yogurt, fruit, and whole grain cereal.
- Drink More Water - Quench your thirst with water instead of drinks with added sugars. Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Be Active - Regular physical activity has many health benefits. Start by doing what exercise you can. You don’t have the hit the gym – take a walk after work or put on music and dance at home.
- Slow Down at Mealtime - Instead of eating on the run, try sitting down and focusing on the food you’re about to eat. Dedicating time to enjoy the taste and textures of foods can have a positive effect on your calorie intake and help you be more intentional about what you eat.
- Explore New Foods and Flavors - Make eating more nutritious and exciting by expanding your range of food choices. When shopping, make a point of selecting a fruit, vegetable, or whole grain that’s new to you.
Visit our website to learn more about mental and physical health, register for our Mindset, Movement and Nourishment virtual training, or view one of our other virtual trainings.
For free, confidential counseling services and 24/7 crisis hotline access, please call 801-442-3509 to schedule an appointment or speak with a counselor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are counseling services?
Free, brief, confidential counseling is available to employees, spouses or domestic partners, and dependent children (ages 6 - 26) by a staff of licensed mental health professionals.