Experienced Colon and Rectal Surgery
At the Avenues Specialty Clinic we offer a full continuum of colon and rectal care including preventive care. Our surgeons perform more colon and rectal surgeries than any other group at Intermountain Healthcare. They are double board certified in Colon and Rectal Surgery and General Surgery. That experience and training leads to better outcomes for our patients.
We continually strive to advance our practice by using Continuous Improvement tools to improve patient outcomes. In 2015 we reduced surgical site infections by 50% by implementing small changes to every part of the care process.
We also participate in a multi-disciplinary cancer care model. This brings experts from surgery, medical and radiation oncology, pathology, and radiology together to provide the best and most advanced cancer treatment.
Conditions We Treat
We understand many of these conditions are uncomfortable and difficult to talk about. Our specialists are sensitive to these feelings work with you to feel comfortable discussing your questions and concerns. We see patients for conditions affecting the small bowel, colon, and rectum. Common conditions we treat include:
- Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Anorectal disorders – hemorrhoids, abscesses, fissures and fistulas
- Fecal incontinence
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Ucerative colitis
Services We Offer
- Colorectal cancer surgery, including sphincter salvage procedures
- Anorectal reconstruction including sphincter repair
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery
- Surgery for inflammatory bowel disease including ileoanal pouch procedure
- Coloanal anastomosis
- Colonic J-pouch
- Sacral nerve stimulation for fecal incontinence
- Total mesorectal excision
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery