Intermountain encourages patients to receive hospital cost estimates prior to scheduling non-urgent hospital services.
To get the most accurate out-of-pocket cost estimates, patients with insurance coverage are encouraged to contact their insurance provider directly. Insurers can help their members understand their current benefits and any copayments or deductible requirements that are important in determining accurate out-of-pocket cost estimates.
Uninsured and underinsured hospital patients may qualify for discounts, financial assistance, or other payment options. More information can be found on Intermountain’s financial assistance website.
Intermountain’s cost estimate team is an additional resource all patients may use in getting pre-service cost estimates.
- Hours: M-F 8am-5pm
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requires hospitals to annually publish their standard hospital charges. However, the services referenced above are recommended as the most helpful and most accurate resources for patients to understand their expected costs.
PLEASE NOTE: A Hospital Standard Charges list is not a price list and should not be used to estimate patient payment. The information in a Hospital Standard Charges list does not constitute a quote nor a price guarantee for any service. The charge amounts in the Hospital Standard Charges list rarely reflect what you will be asked to pay for medical services and supplies on a final bill. What patients actually pay varies depending on insurance --- or will also vary for those that are uninsured. Pricing may also fluctuate during the year for certain medical and pharmaceutical items. Given that, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this posted pricing information. You should understand that a final bill may differ substantially from the information provided by this website.
A listing of standard charges is found in the file below:
For questions regarding a current or past bill, please contact Billing Customer Service.
The list of standard charges displayed represent the pricing information for medical items and services required by the federal Hospital Price Transparency Rule. The pricing information does not necessarily reflect your financial responsibility for your hospital visit, for several reasons, including:
- The listings reflect prices paid by your insurer for services provided during your hospital visit, which may not reflect your share of the costs for these services under the terms of your health plan.
- The prices for your insurer are only available if your insurer covers the medical items or services under the terms of your health plan.
- The actual medical items, including medications, and services that are furnished to you during your visit may vary from what is anticipated.
- You may receive services or supplies from physicians, practitioners or contractors who are not employed by this hospital; the prices for such services or supplies are not listed here.
- Your insurer may not be contracted with this hospital for all services. The posted prices will not apply to services for which your insurer has not contracted.
These listings do not guarantee pricing, coverage, benefits, or payments. Your financial liability will be based on the medical items and services billed by the hospital, the terms of your insurance policy, and the status of your benefits (i.e., deductibles, out of pocket maximum, co-insurance, and copays) at the time you receive care. Your eligibility and the amounts covered by your insurance are solely determined by your health insurance provider.
We encourage you to contact a Hospital Cost Estimation Specialist at (855) 442-8601 or INTCostEstimate@R1RCM.com or your insurer to obtain more precise information regarding your potential financial liability.