What Sets Us Apart
Intermountain Health McKay-Dee Hospital is a leader in Northern Utah and is a vital part of many people’s lives — as a workplace, wellness center, an acute-care facility, a place of recovery, and as a community partner.
Currently, the hospital offers 63 specialties, 319 patient beds, and serves as a Level II Trauma Center. McKay-Dee offers nationally ranked programs and has been recognized as an IBM Watson Top 100 Hospital.
For more than 110 years, McKay-Dee has been a proud part of the Ogden community. Intermountain Health McKay-Dee Hospital has grown from a small community hospital into a world-class, full-service regional facility, offering specialized services to a growing and dynamic population. The hours spent, the lives dedicated, and all that has been invested has truly made Intermountain Health McKay-Dee Hospital a model healthcare facility as envisioned by its founders.
Read the 100 Years of McKay-Dee Moments book for a complete history of the facility.
Marketing and Communications
You can volunteer at Intermountain Health McKay-Dee Hospital if you are at least 14 years old. If you are over 18, you are required to pass a background test and drug screen. Other requirements include:
- Complete new volunteer orientation and education requirements
- Comply with volunteer health requirements: a tuberculosis screening, T-DAP Vaccination, and proof of current immunizations.
- Be physically able to complete the tasks required of the volunteer position
What will I do as a volunteer?
- Ease emotional stress for patients and their families
- Provide kindness and courtesy to patients, their families, hospital staff, and fellow volunteers
- Promote and support interest in health-related careers
- Meet new people and explore different career opportunities