Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for Behavioral Health
Starting Summer 2023 Intermountain Health will offer a Mental Health Intensive Outpatient Program (MH-IOP) to help individuals who require treatment of greater intensity than traditional individual psychotherapy which is often once weekly or once every other week. MH-IOP allows individuals to remain in their communities while receiving treatment. Often, MH-IOP can be provided as a higher level of care, rather than the most intense level of care which involves inpatient psychiatric hospitalization or a residential treatment facility. Intermountain Health’s MH-IOP program can also be part of a comprehensive discharge plan from an inpatient psychiatric stay. IOP includes:
- Group sessions with a focus on Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skill training
- Individual therapy
- 10 hours of treatment a week
- Personalized treatment goals
About the program
Intermountain’s Mental Health Intensive Outpatient Program (MH-IOP) is informed by Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) which is an effective way to help improve your emotional regulation and interpersonal skills and help to manage your distress more effectively. The approach is effective for many different conditions, including depression, anxiety, psychological trauma, and disorders of personality. Personalized therapy goals are intended to:
- Help individuals increase awareness of their thoughts, emotions, and physical sensations
- Better understand and manage emotions along with associated behaviors
- Learn skills to better manage periods of crisis and emotional distress
- Improve skills in communicating your personal needs to others
- Help you become more effective in achieving your personal goals.
Each week, individuals in the IOP receive three days of group skills training (9 hours total) and one individual therapy session. Individual therapy allows a more personal and detailed opportunity to apply skills learned in group to real life difficulties.
This program is designed for those with a variety of issues that can benefit from the added support beyond traditional outpatient services.
Call 801-314-2555 or Fax us at: 801-314- 2501 to see if IOP is right for you,You can also email us to Request Information