Volunteers at Primary Children's Hospital are an integral part of the hospital's goal to deliver the highest quality care for children. Our volunteers represent diverse backgrounds, ages, interests, skills, and professions.
Due to the high interest in volunteering, only positions currently in need of volunteers will display. Volunteer positions are reviewed and evaluated on a monthly basis.
Our volunteers can work in several areas in the hospital:
- Gift Shop
- Information Desk
- Kids Crew
- Emergency Department
- Patient/Family Liaison
- Same Day Surgery
- Children's Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
- Pet Therapy
- Volunteers must be at least 16-years-old.
- We ask that volunteers make a minimum 6-month commitment.
- Volunteers must commit to one 3-hour shift per week.
- Volunteers are required to pass a drug test, background check, be current on immunizations, and have an annual flu shot.
Immunizations and background checks are provided at no cost to volunteers 18 years and older.
- Volunteers will be required to attend an orientation meeting.
- Kids Crew volunteers will have an additional 2-hour training.
- All other volunteers will be trained one-on-one with an experienced volunteer.