Dance/movement therapists are master’s-level clinicians who are trained in the use of movement interventions to facilitate emotional and physical expression and healing with individuals, families, and groups.
To contact us please email PC-DanceTherapy@imail.org
In the pediatric medical setting, Dance/Movement therapy can be used by patients and their families to:
- Facilitate emotional expression through movement
- Provide opportunities for choice and control
- Facilitate and support positive coping through use of the body
- Increase self-awareness through integration of the mind and body
- Help patients build/re-build a positive relationship with their body
Meet Our Dance/Movement Therapists
Sara Schmidt, MA, R-DMT
Sara is a registered dance/movement therapist with a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology, a Master’s Degree in Education, and a Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling: Dance/movement therapy. Sara is the first dance/movement therapist at Primary Children’s Hospital and started the program in June 2019. Sara’s work includes sessions with individuals and families at the main hospital and facilitating dance/movement groups at Primary Children’s Wasatch Canyon’s Behavioral Health Campus. Sara is passionate about helping individuals and families find hope, joy, and healing through movement.