The Pediatric General Surgery program consists of a team of board-certified surgeons that are uniquely qualified to meet your child’s healthcare needs locally and across the Intermountain West. We provide surgical and trauma care for children of all ages.
What Sets Us Apart
- Our general surgeons are the only Pediatric Board-Certified surgeons in the state of Utah
- The only hospital in the state of Utah to attain a LEVEL 1 Children’s Surgery Verification from the American College of Surgeons
- The only pediatric Extracorporeal Membrane oxygenation (ECMO) center in the state of Utah
- The only Pediatric Level I Trauma Center in the state of Utah
Leaders in Pediatric Surgery
What to Expect
- A referral is needed from your child’s provider to schedule a consult with a surgeon.
- Initial visits are generally a consultation and if it is determined a surgery is needed, most surgeries will be scheduled at a later date.
- We do offer same day surgery options for patients that are generally healthy without any significant medical conditions. The Same-Day Pediatric Surgery Program is intended to evaluate and treat umbilical hernia, epigastric hernia, and small subcutaneous masses.
- Telehealth follow-up is available