Pediatric Surgery and Trauma
The Pediatric Surgery and Trauma program consists of a team of board-certified surgeons that are uniquely qualified to meet your child’s healthcare needs locally and across the Intermountain West. We provide surgical and trauma care for children of all ages.
What Sets Us Apart
- Our general surgeons are the only Pediatric Board-Certified surgeons in the state of Utah
- The only hospital in the state of Utah to attain a LEVEL 1 Children’s Surgery Verification from the American College of Surgeons
- The only pediatric Extracorporeal Membrane oxygenation (ECMO) center in the state of Utah
- The only Pediatric Level I Trauma Center in the state of Utah
Leaders in Pediatric Surgery
Our surgeons provide comprehensive care through multidisciplinary clinics located at Primary Children’s Hospital such as the Utah Fetal Center, Pediatric Colorectal Center and Inflammatory Bowel Disease Clinic, and the Esophageal Atresia and Airway Center. As internationally known leaders in pediatric surgery, our team is passionate about improving patient outcomes through innovative techniques and rigorous research initiatives. Telehealth follow-up is available for many post-operative procedures.
What to Expect
- A referral is needed from your child’s provider to schedule a consult with a surgeon.
- Initial visits are generally a consultation and if it is determined a surgery is needed, most surgeries will be scheduled at a later date.
- We do offer same day surgery options for patients that are generally healthy without any significant medical conditions. The Same-Day Pediatric Surgery Program is intended to evaluate and treat umbilical hernia, epigastric hernia, and small subcutaneous masses.
- Telehealth follow-up is available