Never Leave Children Alone in the Car
- 33% of children who die from being left in a hot car are less than one year old
- Cracking your vehicle's windows has very little effect on its temperature
- When left in a hot vehicle, a child's body temperature can increase three to five times as fast as an adult's
- Children left unattended in a vehicle are at risk of being kidnapped
- Children left alone in a car can push buttons, disengage the brakes, put the car in gear or even leave the vehicle and walk away
Follow these tips to keep your little ones safe:
Out and about:
- Never leave your child unattended in a vehicle.
- Make a habit of checking your vehicle before leaving it
- Put your purse, briefcase, or phone in the backseat so you will have to check the back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a stuffed animal or other reminder next to you in the car as a cue that your child is with you.
- If you see a child left alone in a car, contact the police or call 911.
- Lock your car doors even when you are home, so kids don't climb in when you aren't looking.
- Teach your kids not to play in cars under any circumstances.
Baby Safety Snap
The Baby Safety Snap lanyard is a low-tech visual reminder that you have a child in the backseat. Keep it in the car seat buckle. When you buckle your child in, unsnap the lanyard and put it around your neck. When you arrive at your destination. the bright yellow will remind you to take your child with you. If you still forget, family, friends, or co-workers will be alerted there is a "Baby in Car."
To request a Baby Safety Snap, follow the instructions below. Please note we are only able to ship to the following states at this time: Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada and Montana. There is a limit of two safety snaps per household, while supplies last.
Due to high community response and demand for this item, please expect your safety snap to ship in 3 - 4 weeks.
Request a Baby Safety Snap
To request a Baby Safety Snap, please email the following information to PCHHOTDL@imail.org:
- Mailing Address (currently shipping to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, and Montana)
- Quantity Requested (2 maximum per household)
Please note that email requests without complete names and addresses will not be fulfilled. Due to high community response and demand for this item, please expect your safety snap to ship in 3 - 4 weeks.