Given the complexity of human nature and today's world, it is not uncommon that supervisors and Human Resources encounter situations that are very challenging. Employee relations require a great deal of energy and concern.Examples of these situations are:
- An employee who is being abused by a spouse in the home
- An employee coming to work exhausted from taking care of an aging mother
- Two employees in conflict
- An employee overwhelmed trying to help a troubled coworker
- An employee who makes threats at work
These are very difficult situations where a discussion with an EAP counselor may provide some new ideas and resources for the situation. These services can be provided by phone or by appointment. Contact the EAP at 1-800-832-7733.