Intermountain has developed a team approach to partnering with Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF). This Post Acute Care Team (PACT) includes an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) and an Intermountain physician who collaborates with SNF staff to care for Intermountain patients who are receiving medical and rehabilitation services in the SNF.
Our PACT physician will oversee the development and maintenance of the medical care plan. Our APP assesses all new admissions to the SNF facility, including reviewing admission orders, medication reconciliation, utilization, and management of all acute and chronic conditions. Our APP will actively engage with SNF staff to develop appropriate discharge plans and assure appropriate transition of care to the patient’s primary care team.
What are the goals of SNF partnerships?
- Improve patient transitions of care
- Enhance communication
- Reduce utilization and rehospitalization rates
- Increase clinical support for SNF staff
- Improve care for Intermountain patients
What are the benefits of SNF partnerships?
In an effort to support our mission of Helping people live the healthiest lives possible® and in collaboration with our Quality Improvement Initiative (QII) SNF partners, Intermountain goals for the PACT Program are:
- Improve quality of care and experience for patients at the SNFs in the QII network
- Support Intermountain’s stewardship goals by providing evidence based and patient goals-of-care driven value-based services
- Improve provider experience via meticulous and reliable communication/collaboration with the service lines and providers interacting with PACT
Patients can choose to go to one of our partner skilled nursing facilities for their post-acute care. Please see list of PACT embedded SNFs.
For more information on the PACT program, please contact Jason Spaulding at 801-859-1769 or Erica Smuin at 435-225-0428.
PACT Embedded SNFS
- Aspen Ridge Transitional Rehabilitation
- 963 E. 6600 South
Murray, UT 84121
- Cascades at Riverwalk
- 1012 Jordan River Blvd.
Midvale, UT 84047
- Highland Care Center
- 4285 S. Highland Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84124
- Legacy Village Rehabilitation
- 3251 W. 5400 South
Taylorsville, UT 84129
- St. Joseph's Villa
- 451 Bishop Federal Lane
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
- Stonehenge of American Fork
- 583 S. 500 East
American Fork, UT 84003
- Stonehenge of Orem
- 435 Center Street
Orem, UT 84057
- Stonehenge of South Jordan
- 1371 W. South Jordan Parkway
South Jordan, UT 84095
- Coral Desert
- 1490 Foremaster Drive
St. George, UT 84790