Make Your Video Visit a Success
- Find a quiet, private place to have your visit. This will help ensure that both you and your doctor can talk openly about your healthcare, and that you’ll be able to hear each other!
- Check whether you have a strong internet signal in that quiet, private place you found. If not, see if you can find something closer to your wireless router to ensure you have a strong enough signal for the appointment.
- Log in to Connect Care ahead of time to ensure you remember your username and password. If you don’t, click the “Need help logging in?” link below the login boxes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I need to cancel or reschedule a visit?
Contact your provider’s office directly. Please note that if you cancel an appointment from within Connect Care, your provider will not be notified of the cancellation.
What if I have trouble with my computer, tablet, or phone working?
Be sure to check your equipment well in advance of your appointment. You can contact our 24/7 patient support line at 1-844-624-4686. Also, check out the tips and tricks section of this page.
How much will these visits cost me?
When insurance covers these visits they are typically covered in the same way as an in person visit of the same type.
Will my insurance cover it?
Check with your insurance company to verify eligibility. Click here for a list of payers currently covering these visits.
My insurance isn't listed as an option when I enroll in Connect Care, what should I do?
If your insurance is not currently listed and your provider has your current insurance information, simply skip entering your insurance in the registration process. If your provider's office does not already have your insurance information, please contact them and provide it. They will ensure your insurance is listed in our billing system.
How do I know if my provider offers video visits?
Contact your provider’s office.
I know Connect Care as care you can get anytime. How is this different?
Connect Care started as urgent care, but Intermountain is adding other specialties including adult primary care. Using Connect Care you can now connect with your provider over video. You can still access our urgent care service anytime in addition to connecting with your existing provider as scheduled with their clinic.
How do I pay for my video visit?
For now, no payment will be collected up front. A bill will be sent out following your visit after your claim is submitted to insurance.
What is the difference between video visit and in-person appointment?
Many types of visits do not require a provider or other staff member to be physically present with you. Your provider will determine which types of visits do not require you to come to the office.
Where can I be for my video visit?
You should be somewhere with a strong Internet connection (1.5 Mbps or greater - we recommend being on wifi if you’re on a mobile device) and physically located in the state where your provider is licensed. You should be in an environment that is sufficiently private for you to feel comfortable discussing your medical issues and allows you to be completely focused on your discussion with your provider.
How should I prepare for my visit?
- If you haven’t done so already, create your Connect Care account. You can do this from your appointment email, by downloading the app for Apple or Android, or at www.intermountainconnectcare.org.
- If you plan on using a computer for your visit, be sure to run the “Test My Computer” program in advance to insure everything is working correctly.
- And, as always, think about what you want to talk about with your provider.
Tips and Tricks
- If on a mobile device, be sure to keep your device active while waiting to ensure a reliable connection.
- If necessary, a member of your provider’s may connect with you on the platform to update you on any delays and when the provider will be available.