Intermountain Healthcare’s team of experienced gynecologists [gahy-ni-KOL-uh-jists] provide not only reproductive care but guidance about breast care, menopause treatments, and other issues specific to women’s health. We create a safe, comfortable experience in our clinics and hospitals where we can use current technology to deliver the best care possible.
At Intermountain, we believe women are the experts when it comes to their bodies, so we work closely to support your family planning decisions and to provide compassionate care. Our OB/GYNs (obstetricians/gynecologists) are experienced and knowledgeable about a range of women’s health concerns, including:
- Adolescent gynecology [gahy-ni-KOL-uh-jee]
- Bladder care
- Breast care
- Endometriosis [en-doh-mee-tree-OH-sis]
- Gynecologic surgery
- Mammogram [MAM-uh-gram]
- Menopause treatment
- Pelvic care
- Women and newborn care
- Reproductive medicine
Our gynecological services are available across Utah and Idaho.
Gynecology is about much more than pregnancy. Intermountain gynecologists and obstetricians are part of a team that can guide you through major health decisions, treatment plans, and provide best practices for care. Our compassionate, personalized approach focuses on 3 main areas.
- General women’s health. This includes gynecological care for girls and women, treating bladder infections and mammograms, and providing menopause care.
- Reproductive medicine. Our OB/GYNS can provide guidance about birth control, in-vitro fertilization, and hormone treatments.
- Women and newborn care. Mom knows best, so our team focuses on providing support and empowering mothers during pregnancy, labor and delivery, breastfeeding, and postpartum care.
A visit to the gynecologist is recommended for an annual exam just to ensure that you’re in good health and there are no concerns. You should also schedule an appointment anytime you have symptoms that are of concern such as pelvic pain or abnormal bleeding. Your gynecologist can also assist with concerns about many conditions and activities, including:
- Pregnancy and fertility
- Menstruation and menopause
- Family planning and contraception
- Sexually transmitted diseases and testing
- Urinary problems
- Reproductive and breast cancer
- Sexual dysfunction
In addition to being able to provide general healthcare, there are several kinds of procedures, treatments, or tests that our OB/GYNs may recommend on a yearly basis or as the need arises, including Pap smears (test to help find or prevent cervical cancer) and ultrasounds. Our team may also be able to provide minor surgery and assist with follow-up care after your procedure.
At Intermountain, our goal is to keep women healthy and happy from adolescence through menopause and beyond. We offer detailed information and resources so you can be informed about your healthcare choices and always feel empowered and supported by your gynecologist and the rest of the Intermountain team.