What is an in-kind donation?
“Gifts‐in‐Kind,” also referred to as “in‐kind donations” or “Community Drop-Off Donations”, are a kind of non‐cash charitable giving in which, rather than giving money to buy needed goods and services, the goods and services themselves are given.
Why make an in-kind or Community Drop-Off Donation?
Making a charitable gift to Intermountain hospitals is a powerful way you can support care in your community. In addition to financial donations, providing physical items directly supports patient needs. Below are specific items that are needed across hospitals.
How can I make an in-kind donation?
To make an in-kind donation, you can reach out to volunteer managers at specific hospitals. Volunteer managers can confirm that your donation meets our current needs and will schedule a drop off with you. Volunteer managers can also answer questions and give details about donation delivery.
What items do hospitals need?
- Coloring books
- Crayons, markers, colored pencils
- Gift cards valued at $15 or less
- Hygiene kits
- Stress balls/stress items
- Stuffed animals
- Water bottles
What are Intermountain’s in-kind donation guidelines?
While we appreciate receiving your gifts including toys, blankets, and other in-kind donations, for the protection of our patients, we are not able to accept all gifts. Review our guidelines carefully to be certain your donations can be accepted.
- All donated items must be new. No used items will be accepted.
- Donations cannot have any donor identification or contact information (i.e. first or last names, phone numbers, email addresses, website, blogs, personal stories, etc.). If donations include any personal information, they will either be removed before distribution, or the donation may be declined based on the discretion of the Volunteer Manager, the Gifts-In-Kind Manager or Foundation personnel.
- Donors will not be allowed to personally deliver gifts to patients or families.
- Donors should not expect to receive pictures, stories, or updates from patients or families.
- No medical equipment, baby formula, or wheelchairs are accepted.
- We do not accept violent toys or games (such as toy guns) or paddle balls.
- For durability and safety purposes, we prefer name brand items when possible.
- We do not accept gift-wrapped items.
All clothing must be new, with original tags, in original packaging, when possible. We CANNOT accept used clothing.
Needed clothing items:
- Sports bras
Sizes - Adult
XS-XXXXL (Medium and large are the most used sizes)
Sizes - Child
Newborn – Youth XL
We accept gift cards valued at $5, $10, and $15. We cannot accept values above $15.