Patients and Researchers can Count on Support from Intermountain Healthcare Research Leaders
By Jill Quam
May 9, 2016
Updated Oct 25, 2023
5 min read
Intermountain Healthcare is committed to support and assist both patients and medical researchers to find new ways of delivering the best medical care at the lowest appropriate cost. That commitment, entails giving researchers the resources and tools they need in their pursuit of patient-centered discoveries.
During a panel discussion, some of Intermountain Healthcare’s research leaders had the opportunity to answer questions from attendees. Topics that were discussed included:
· The development of teams devoted to ensuring that sufficient staff and tools are available to support important current and future projects. Teams are organized to assist researchers with every step of the research process, from helping frame a scientific question, through implementing studies at Intermountain’s hospitals and clinics.
· Mentoring opportunities being developed for investigators such as the VPCAT program
· There are multiple ways for investigators to team up with experts who can assist with taking an existing idea and turning it into clinical practice that improves patient care.
· Intermountain Healthcare maintains clinical data that tracks the progress of patients and research study participants toward meeting their individual health goals.
· Intermountain Healthcare continually strives to align its research initiatives with national efforts to effectively utilize population health management tools, improving health and wellness by focusing on effective health promotion, prevention, and self-management.
Intermountain currently has over 1,500 active research studies in more than 20 clinical areas. The core of Intermountain research takes place within our 10 clinical programs: Behavioral Health, Cardiovascular, Intensive Medicine, Musculoskeletal, Neurosciences, Oncology, Pediatrics, Primary Care, Surgical Services, and Women & Newborns.
To find out more about Intermountain Healthcare Research and the advancement of medical knowledge in many clinical areas visit intermountainresearch.org