Here are some reasons why choosing a pediatrician before your child is born is a good idea:
- The baby's first exam will take place immediately after
birth, so you might want to choose a pediatrician who practices at the hospital
where your baby will be born.
- You will probably see your pediatrician more the first year
of your baby's life than at any other time.
- Your pediatrician is also an expert on general child health and a valuable resource for other baby issues.
- Most pediatricians will provide you with information sheets
that cover the most common concerns such as growth, soft spots on the
baby's head, ears, nutrition, eyes, and other general health issues.
- Early pediatrician appointments are critical for your newborn to determine if there are any abnormalities or unusual health issues.