- Wake Forest University School of Medicine - Winston-Salem, in Doctor of Medicine, 1990
- University of Utah Medical Center - Salt Lake City, in Pediatrics, 1993
- AM BD PEDIATRICS awarded in 10/11/1994
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics
Dr. Burton grew up in Pennsylvania and did medical school and internship at Wake Forest University in North Carolina graduating in 1990. She completed her residency at University of Utah and has been with Intermountain as a general pediatrician since 1993. She especially enjoys working in the level II special care nursery at LDS Hospital with high risk newborns and premature infants. She also enjoys adolescents with mental health and gynecologic issues along with all things general pediatrics. She is board-certified and neonatal resuscitation certified and a member of the American Academy of pediatrics. In her free time she enjoys spending time hiking, trail running, mountain biking, skiing and cooking. She loves to see her 2 young adult children whenever she can and spends time w her husband Scott who is an internist with intermountain outside enjoying the mountains when they are not working. .