Providing quality healthcare for over 100 years
Over the past 100 years, McKay-Dee Hospital Center has become much more than just an ordinary facility. The hours spent, the lives dedicated, and all that has been invested have truly made this hospital the memorial the Dee family always intended it to be.
The original Thomas D. Dee Memorial Hospital at 24th Street and Harrison Boulevard in Ogden passed into history as an institution of healing on July 12, 1969.
The Thomas D. Dee Memorial Hospital Association was incorporated February 3, 1910, with Mrs. Dee as president and Maude Dee Porter as secretary.
LDS Church Presiding Bishop, LeGrand Richards, chairman of the Hospital's Board of Trustees, decided a change in management philosophy was indicated.
With construction underway, the original hospital began to prepare for the advent of Medicare.
The LDS Church made headlines in September, 1974, with the announcement that it was giving its $60 million chain of 15 hospitals to the communities they served.
Two days after the original Thomas D. Dee Memorial Hospital opened on December 29, 1910, 15 patients were transferred from the Ogden General Hospital.
Read about significant events from Mckay-Dee Hospital's history from the 1970's to today.
Intermountain Healthcare is a Utah-based, not-for-profit system of 22 hospitals, 185 clinics, a Medical Group with some 1,400 employed physicians, a health plans division called SelectHealth, and other health services. Helping people live the healthiest lives possible, Intermountain is widely recognized as a leader in clinical quality improvement and in efficient healthcare delivery.
Still not finding what you are looking for?
Copyright ©2016, Intermountain Healthcare, All rights reserved.