About the Conference
Date: February 19-21, 2020
Primary Children's Eccles Outpatient Building
81 North Mario Capecchi Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84113
Three lodging options with special conference rates are offered. Make your reservations early because there are a limited number of rooms available. If you call to make a reservation, the discount should be listed under Primary Children's Life Flight Transport Conference, or some variation of those terms.
- The Marriott at University Park (800.396.3126) - $169
- The Little America in downtown Salt Lake (800.281.7899) - starting at $134 (to get the discount, must call and ask for the Intermountain Healthcare Rate)
- The University Guest House (888.416.4075) - $130 or $140 (2 Queens)
Salt Lake City light rail system, TRAX, has stops at the airport and Primary Children’s Hospital. Using public transportation mode in GoogleMaps on your phone will connect you to train schedules and station locations. Or, for train schedules, go to: rideuta.com
During the period of transport, critically ill neonates and children are at risk from disease, injury, therapy, and the transport itself. This risk can be minimized by good communication between the referring and receiving caretakers, careful evaluation and management, anticipation of complications, and a well-equipped and well-trained team. This two-day course provides a comprehensive approach to clinical issues related to neonatal and pediatric transport.
Landing Zone: Props and Hops (cost included)
- Provide clinical care consistent with current guidelines of practice for specialty team transports
- Demonstrate assessment and stabilization skills for the care and management of critically ill patients
- Define management options for specific clinical disease states
- Discuss limitations and effects of the transport environment on the patient
Set your flaps and adjust your throttle to get ready for an adventure-filled night! Food, fun, and beverages provided.
Optional lab days and workshops
Wednesday, February 19, 2020 These optional pre-conference sessions are for main conference attendees. Registration space is limited. More information regarding time and transportation will be in confirmation emails.
Join us for realistic transport simulation experience between the ambulance and Primary Children's Hospital simulation center. Sessions focus on both neonatal and pediatric care. This program provides hands-on, interactive training in cognitive and behavioral skills. Our goal is to improve clinical skills, teamwork, and communication when managing a crisis situation.
The procedure lab focuses on intubations, difficult airways, umbilical lines, I.O’s, and chest tubes.
Registration deadline is Friday, February 14, 2020. After the registration deadline, please call 801-442-4229 for conference seat availability.
Cancellation Policy: Written notice is required to receive a refund. All refunds are subject to a $50 processing fee. No refunds will be made after February 9, 2020.