- General visiting hours are from 4:30 a.m.-8 p.m. daily
- Check with your nurse for unit-specific guidelines.
- Do not visit if you are sick or have recently been exposed to a contagious illness, such as chicken pox, measles, mumps, pertussis (whooping cough), tuberculosis, or rubella.
- All visitors should wash their hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve.
- If you have a cough, please wear a mask.
Behavioral Health Unit
Visiting hours are Monday – Friday 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. and Saturday – Sunday 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please remember that everything and everyone you see while visiting the unit must be kept confidential by state law. The unit is secure, and visitors must use the phone by the entrance to ask for admittance.
Intensive Care Unit
- Immediate family members only.
- Visitors welcome at all times except 5:30-7 a.m. and p.m. for nursing report and care preparation.
- Children under age 14 are not allowed.
- Only two visitors allowed at a time.
Women and Children Units
- General visiting hours on all women and children units are between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. daily.
- Visiting must be done at the bedside or family waiting areas only.
- Contact the unit's shift coordinator for special arrangements.
- For safety reasons, visitors must be seated when holding a newborn or child.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and stay at the bedside at all times.
- All visitors will be asked the first and last name of the patient they are visiting and for a security code. Entrance will only be granted to those who are visiting a known patient. Hospital security may be contacted at any time for any security concerns.
Newborn Intensive Care Unit
The visiting policy is very specialized and will be available to parents upon admittance.
Labor and Delivery
- During the labor and delivery process and in the recovery period immediately following delivery, in-room visitors will be limited to five (including significant other).
- Only one visitor may be in the room at a time.
- Visitors must be at least 14-years-old unless they are children of the patient in labor.
- Children of the patient may visit during visiting hours.
Mom and Baby Unit
- Visitors must be at least 14-years-old to enter the unit unless they are children of the patient.
- Children of the patient may visit during visiting hours if they are healthy.
A family room and playroom are available for inpatient children and their siblings. The patient and siblings must be non-contagious and accompanied by an adult at all times to leave their room.
Visiting after 8 p.m.
The north main entrance of the River Road Campus is locked from 8 p.m.-4:30 a.m. and the south entrance is closed from midnight–6 a.m. To visit after the doors are locked, go to the south entrance and check in with hospital security.