Volunteers play a key role in the Utah Valley Hospital (formerly Utah Valley Regional Medical Center) culture. Here you will find the latest information involving the activities of Utah Valley Hospital volunteers, including how to volunteer and volunteer positions throughout the hospital.
The need for volunteers is great, and the rewards are even greater. It is an opportunity to serve, grow, learn, make new friends, exchange ideas and contribute to our community.
Where do Volunteers Work?
- Cardiac Rehab
- Diabetic Clinics
- Emergency Center
- Gift shop
- Information Desks (main, rehabilitation and south lobby)
- Operating Room
- Operating Room Patient Liaison
- Patient Services
- Patient Visitor
- Same Day Surgery
- Same Day Surgery Liaison
- Speech and Hearing
- Timpview Pharmacy
- Well Baby Nursery
- Women's and Children's Clinic
- Wound Care
Who Can Volunteer?
Anyone over 18 is welcome! The following guidelines apply:
- Must be 18 years or older (If you are younger, please check out our junior volunteer requirements).
- Willing to serve one 3- to 4-hour shift per week for a minimum of six months.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and willing to work with all types of people.
Junior volunteers also work at Utah Valley Hospital after school and during the summer.
Applicants must complete an online application for a volunteer position. Placement will be made according to skill, availability of positions, applicant availability, and reference check.
How to Apply
- Complete the Volunteer Online Application
- Under the "Organization" pull-down menu, choose "Greater Provo Area".
- Click the "Search" button.
- If there are volunteer opportunities available, you’ll see a listing of all positions available.
- Click the link for the position you are interested in. Read the requirements and click the "Apply Online" button.
- Login or create a new user profile.
- Make sure you fill out the entire application.
- If you meet the minimum requirements, we will contact you within 2-3 weeks for an interview.
Before Starting as a Volunteer
If you are selected to be a volunteer, you will be required to complete the following prior to beginning work:
- Have two rounds of TB tests.
- Pay $18 for your volunteer jacket.
- Have your picture taken for your volunteer badge.
- Complete the new volunteer orientation.
Junior volunteers play an important role in the hospital and must meet these requirements:
- Be 14 to 17 years old.
- Be outgoing and have a desire to interact with our patients.