My Health is a secure and easy way to keep track of your health history, providing access to your lab results, prescriptions, and vital health information.
Why use My Health?
It's simple to use, available around the clock, and completely private. Exchange messages with your provider easily and quickly while removing the hassle of having to play phone tag. Receive reminders about your care, such as getting your flu shot or coming in for a follow-up visit.
What can you do with My Health?
- View Your Medical Records: Find labs, microbiology and imaging results, medication, allergy and health concern lists – just a click away.
- Request a Prescription: My Health allows you to request renewals for any of your current medications ordered by your participating doctor.
- Ask A Question: Did you forget to ask your doctor a question on your last visit? My Health enables you to ask follow-up questions.
- Request A Referral: You can easily request a referral to a specialist or ask your doctor for a recommendation.
- See Your Clinician’s Notes on Your Visit: Reading the notes from your doctors, nurses, and other care team members can help you manage your health and care. Clinical notes available online are called OpenNotes, and include your symptoms, medications, exam findings, tests ordered, and care plans. These are part of your medical record. In your My Health portal, click “Clinical Notes.”
How can I sign up for My Health?
My Health is available to Intermountain Healthcare patients who have internet access, an email address, and are at least 18 years of age. SelectHealth members can register online for My Health using the link below. Those who are not SelectHealth members can register in person at the clinic where they are receiving care.
For registration questions, contact My Health Online Services using the phone number or email address listed to the right. Calls are answered between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. on weekdays, and 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays. Emails are responded to on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.