Sandy, UT (6/3/2010) — Seniors in the southeast part of the Salt Lake Valley now have a new place to turn for healthcare resources and support. The new Senior Clinic at Alta View Hospital will begin seeing patients on Monday, June 7.
The purpose of the clinic and the comprehensive schedule of services it offers is to provide area seniors and their families with a single place they can come for all of the specialized care they need, ranging from disease management to testing to advice about resources in the community.
“The addition of the senior clinic at Alta View Hospital complements the already excellent services we provide to people who live in the southeast part of the valley,” says Carol Wilcox, LCSW, director of the senior clinic. “As our community continues to change, we’re adding services to adapt to these changes and make more healthcare services available to seniors and their families.”
A partial summary of the services the new clinic will provide for seniors and the people who care for them includes:
- A board-certified physician and nurse practitioner who specialize in senior care
- Nurses who can provide blood pressure and oxygen level checks and other clinical services
- Care managers who can share information about community resources and provide long-range planning and counseling for seniors and their families
- Laboratory services including blood and urine tests
- Nutritional counseling for people with diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and weight loss or gain
- Cognitive clinics to address memory problems or judgment concerns
- Medication reviews and recommendations
- Information on homecare services
- Diabetic management and instruction
- Assistance with advance directives
- Information on places where seniors can volunteer in the community
- Special “Welcome to Medicare” preventive exams and services (available for one year after seniors enroll in Medicare)
Everyone’s invited to a public open house and a behind-the-scenes look at the new Alta View Senior Clinic on Wednesday, June 23, from 4 to 7 p.m. The senior clinic is located inside the main hospital at 9690 South 1300 East, suite 200 — enter on the east side, right by the entrance to the south surgical center.
For more information about the Alta View Senior Clinic, or to schedule an appointment, call 801-501-2025.