iCentra is the fully integrated electronic health record, practice management, and revenue cycle system Intermountain Healthcare has been configuring with Cerner.
Benefit to Patients
iCentra uses a common platform for data and information, allowing our nurses and physicians to know more about their patients and their clinical outcomes.
More importantly, iCentra will connect consumers, members, and patients with their care teams by sharing appropriate clinical data to promote health and, when needed, help them manage their medical conditions.
Through iCentra, consumers can share their goals in the patient portal and work with our teams to achieve them. And through other functionality such as online visits and secure messaging, Intermountain will continue on the path to being an engaging and accessible health system.
- iCentra is now live in the Northern Utah and Southern Idaho, Utah Valley, Park City – Heber, and Southwestern Utah.
- iCentra will be implemented in the greater Salt Lake City area beginning with Alta View and Riverton Hospitals along with Medical Group clinics in the South Salt Lake Area on February 25, 2017. The second phase of implementations will include LDS and TOSH hospitals and Medical Group clinics including Salt Lake Clinic, Cottonwood Medical Clinic, and other sites in the North Salt Lake, South Salt Lake/South Davis Regions on May 6, 2017. The third – and final – implementation will take place on July 15, 2017, at Intermountain Medical Center and Medical Group clinics including Holladay Clinic, Taylorsville Clinic, and other sites in the Central Salt Lake Region.
- The final iCentra implementation will take place at Primary Children’s Hospital before the end of 2017.
The following guiding principles are fundamental to the iCentra project and remain constant:
- Work and act as a system.
- Continuously improve the experience of care for those who trust us with their health.
- Provide an integrated, intuitive, and efficient interface for the people who help others every day.
- Relentlessly focus on improving clinical and operational outcomes and perfecting the process of care.
- Transform healthcare delivery and support research.
- Optimize configuration for the patient experience, clinical excellence, business flexibility and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain the integrity of the clinical record and integrated database.
- Align with all doctors, clinicians, and community partners in our healthcare delivery system.
- Manage project scope and mitigate the challenges of the transition state.