A Health Benefits Specialist provides excellent customer service to SelectHealth members, employer groups, providers, facilities, and other SelectHealth departments, helping them access their health benefits and determine eligibility.
We offer an eight-week Health Benefits Specialist training several times per year as needed. Students earn the position’s full hourly rate of $13.61 an hour and are benefits eligible.
Applicants for the SelectHealth Health Benefits Specialist Training must meet the following selection qualifications:
- At least one year previous customer service experience
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent follow-up, organizational skills, and analytical skills
- Ability to problem solve and work well under pressure
- Self motivated
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is desired
- The training is full-time for eight-weeks and will be located at the SelectHealth campus in West Valley City, UT.
- During the eight-week training period, employees will work Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Employees must attend all training.
- For the first six months after training, schedule will be from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. with the possibility of some evenings and Saturdays. Operating hours are 7 a.m.-8 p.m. and Saturday hours are 9 a.m.-2 p.m.