About Intermountain EAP
Employee Assistance Program
Many Mental Health Access Points
- Brief, Confidential Counseling
- Free, brief counseling for life problems such as conflict at work or with a family member, mood-related concerns, and life stress. Services are available to employees, spouses or partners, and dependent children ages 6-26.
- Legal/ Financial Assist
- When legal or financial situations arise, you may need the counsel of an expert. The EAP can help connect you with a participating attorney or financial advisor for a free consultation either on the phone or in person.
- Crisis Support
- If you are in a crisis, needing immediate support or someone to talk to, please call 800-832-7733. The counselor will listen and consult with you to assist in providing emotional stabilization and resources available for addressing safety or self-harm concerns. If the caller is in danger of causing harm to self or others, the counselor will stay on the call while assisting the caller in getting immediate support.
- Caregiver Support
- Information, resources, and coaching is available for employees who are providing assistance to a spouse or relative who is ill, disabled, or needs help with basic activities of daily living. Caregiver services can help identify medical, legal, and financial resources, as well as provide support for the emotional issues of caregiving.
- Practice mindfulness with on-demand resources, live trainings, and online classes from one of our mindfulness experts. Sessions range from formal sitting meditation to mindful movement. All are offered free of charge on a drop-in basis and each offers an opportunity to connect with the present moment and restore a sense of balance. Click here to more about mindfulness or join a live session.
- Mental Health Minutes
- Join virtual “drop-in” educational sessions called Mental Health Minutes to teach and reinforce strategies to stay well and build resilience. Participants will learn techniques they can utilize throughout the day that, if practiced, can help to manage daily stressors. Each Mental Health Minute is unique and focused on supporting employees and supervisors alike. Click here to join a Mental Health Minute or look at our other virtual trainings.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are counseling services?
Free, brief, confidential counseling is available to employees, spouses or domestic partners, and dependent children (ages 6 - 26) by a staff of licensed mental health professionals.