- George Washington University Health - Washington, in , 2000
- Army Medical College - Rawalpindi, Pakistan, in Doctor of Medicine, 1999
- Englewood Hospital - Englewood, in Internal Medicine, 2004
- Fellowship in Endocrinology from Harbor UCLA Medical Center
- AM BD INTERNAL MEDICINE (ENDOCRINOLOGY, DIABETES & METABOLISM) awarded in 10/29/2006
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Dr. Shahzad Ahmad is a Founding member of the North American Society of Interventional Endocrinology ( NASOIE) and current Treasurer , he has performed the most number of RFA procedures as an endocrinologist in the US. He also performed the first successful North American RFA procedures on a Parathyroid tumor and the first North American RFA of a medullary thyroid cancer recurrence. Dr. Ahmad completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in Englewood, New Jersey and then went on to an Endocrinology fellowship at Harbor-UCLA. His special focus is the diagnosis, and medical treatment of thyroid dysfunction, nodules, and cancer. He was also an Assistant Professor at the University of San Francisco School of Medicine. Dr. Ahmad Is ECNU certified, a professional certification awarded to Endocrinologists who have expertise in thyroid ultrasounds, and procedures. Dr. Ahmad also has performed the first radiofrequency ablation (RFA) on a Toxic Thyroid Nodule (hyperfunctioning) in the United States. He has now successfully ablated over 500 nodules/Goiters and over 30 malignant lymph nodes without complications"