I am trained in Internal Medicine, Sports Medicine and Emergency Medicine. I have a medical practice focused to manage patients needing physician support with health and wellness, disease prevention, medical risk factor reduction and care of conditions related to internal medicine and musculoskeletal medicine. Common conditions treated include:
- Cardiovascular disease and risk factor management, including hypertension, lipid disorders, smoking, overweight/obesity, diabetes, peripheral vascular disease, chronic inflammation, etc.
- Chronic conditions including arthritis, bursitis, soft tissue inflammatory diseases, and back pain.
- Evaluations for fatigue, musculoskeletal pain syndromes, and joint disorders.
- Sports injuries and overuse problems.
I also provide the following wellness and health promotion services:
- Exercise programs for health promotion.
- Nutritional counseling and obesity management.
- Preventive health check-ups.
Personal Bio & Interests
My clinical practice is at the LiVe Well Center - Salt Lake City. I am the Medical Director and have provided consultation to patients here since 1999. I maintain a consultative practice to assist other physicians with their patients and their needs in risk factor prevention, and management and in sports performance and injury care. I have a limited group of executive and active adult patients in my primary care practice.
Working with a multi-disciplinary healthcare team including doctors, physical therapists, exercise physiologists and dieticians, this practice offers a gateway to wellness for patients seeking prevention, performance improvement and disease management services. Key to our treatment plan are resources provided to the patient to take charge of their own health. These include our unique health risk appraisals and our book, "Maintaining the Miracle - an Owner's Manual for the Human Body," (www.maintainingthemiracle.com).
I have been an Olympic physician and team physician over the years. I enjoy personal lifetime sports of golf, cycling and hiking. I also enjoy helping others achieve their lifetime activity and performance goals.