- University of Florida - Gainsville, in Doctor of Medicine, 1981
- University of Utah Medical Center - Salt Lake City, in Orthopedic Surgery, 1986
- Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery from Scottish Rite Childrens Medical Center
- AM BD ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY awarded in 07/20/1989
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Scoliosis Research Society
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
Dr. Smith is a Professor in the Department of Orthopaedics, practicing at Primary Children's Medical Center and the University of Utah. His current practice is focused on the treatment of spine deformities in children and adolescents. Dr. Smith received his M.D. at the University of Florida in Gainesville. He completed his residency at the University of Utah and did a fellowship in pediatric Orthopaedics and spinal deformities at Scottish Rite Hospital in Atlanta. He is the Director of the Pediatric Scoliosis Clinic. His research interests focus on pediatric spine disorders, fractures, and cost-effective care. Dr. Smith is currently serving as Chairman of the Department of Surgery at Primary Children's Medical Center. He has been involved in the development of the Vertical Expandable Prosthetic Titanium Rib (VEPTR), and its use in children with neuromuscular scoliosis. Dr. Smith also serves as a consultant for the State of Utah through the Children with Special Healthcare Needs, traveling to rural areas such as St. George, Price, and Richfield treating children.
Verified Patient Comments
Comments also are gathered from the medical practice survey and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.