American Fork and northern Utah County have changed much over the years, and as the community has grown, so has American Fork Hospital. Established in 1937, American Fork Hospital has served as a valuable community hospital meeting the medical needs of the community.


American Fork's first community hospital opened its doors. The old Co-op Building is well remembered for the 33 steps that led to the second-floor hospital. The original 25-bed community hospital was located on 51 East Main Street. The hospital was equipped with an operating room, maternity room, glassed-in nursery, kitchen, and a sterilizer room.

American Fork Mayor William S. Storrs helped develop the first American Fork Community Hospital. The original property cost was $2,500, $1,250 of which was raised by subscriptions donated by local citizens and institutions of American Fork. American Fork Hospital was the first community hospital that provided care and services to the local community.


A new building was constructed to house an updated 25-bed facility.


American Fork Hospital relocated to a new building on 350 East 300 North.


The hospital added 26 beds, doubling the hospital's capacity and bringing the total number of hospital beds to 54.


American Fork Hospital joined Intermountain Healthcare, a renowned system of 21 hospitals primarily based in Utah and Idaho.


A groundbreaking ceremony was held for the third, and current, hospital location at 170 North 1100 East.


A new building was completed, and the hospital relocated to its current location, becoming a 55-bed facility.


A two-year, $32 million expansion project was completed, greatly increasing the capacity, services, and level of medical technology available to local communities.


The first Huntsman-Intermountain Cancer Center opened its doors at American Fork Hospital.


Construction begins on an 84,000-square-foot surgical services/emergency room expansion to provide larger, more modern operating rooms and emergency room services.


American Fork Hospital is a modern 205,000-square-foot facility with state-of-the-art medical technology, 117 beds, and a medical staff of more than 200 physicians representing 30 specialties.