Getting to the Hospital
Safety and Security
The health, safety and security of patients, visitors and caregivers is our number one priority at American Fork Hospital. In addition to policies and procedures in place to protect our most vulnerable patients, we have a highly trained team of security officers who are here to help.
Wristband and IDs
Every patient receives an ID wristband when they are admitted to the hospital. Parents and guardians of newborns are also given a wristband that matches with the identification of the baby. For an additional level of security, babies are also monitored with an electronic infant security system. Please adhere to these and any other rules explained on the unit related to the wristbands:
- Keep all ID bands on until after your child leaves the hospital. Your child can only be discharged to someone wearing the matching ID band.
- Don't share your ID band with anyone.
- Ask a nurse for a replacement ID band if yours becomes too loose or dirty.
Confidentiality & Visitor Code
For newborns, parents will be given a visitation code. Give this number to anyone you authorize to visit the mother and newborn, as it is required to enter the unit. There may be restrictions in place during the COVID-19 pandemic or other unique circumstances that will limit the number of people who can receive authorization. Please ask your nurse or see the Intermountain COVID site for current restrictions.
Patient & Family Privacy
We take your family's privacy very seriously. If you decide not to be listed in the facility directory, or listed as "No Information (NI)," that means:
- Family, friends, and visitors will be told we are unable to locate a patient by that name.
- No telephone calls will be put through to the room.
- Flowers and gifts will be returned.
You can change your mind at any time and decide to be listed in the facility directory. If you would like to be listed, let your nurse know or contact Registration.
To reach the security office on duty, please call (801) 555-1234 or dial 53565 from any hospital phone.