Dixie Region Hospital has been serving the medical needs of our community for the last 100 years.

1913

The community rallied behind Donald A. McGregor, MD to open St. George’s first hospital. In 1917 the hospital’s name was changed from Washington County Hospital to McGregor Hospital in the doctor’s honor. It was operated in a two-story home by the McGregor family until 1952.

1952

Washington County residents again pool resources to build and open the Dixie Pioneer Memorial Hospital on the west half of the current 400 East Campus.

1975

Pioneer Memorial Hospital expands to accommodate regional growth and is renamed Dixie Medical Center.

1976

Washington County selects Intermountain Healthcare to purchase and operate Dixie Medical Center. It was the first hospital purchased by Intermountain Healthcare.

In 1990, the facility was renamed Dixie Regional Medical Center.

2003

Dixie Regional Medical Center opens a second campus on River Road, greatly advancing healthcare in the tri-state region. The expanded hospital was able add open heart surgery, acute rehabilitation, and newborn intensive care to its list of services.

2009

The Dixie Regional Health and Performance Center opens just east of the River Road campus. This outpatient facility is designed not for people who are sick, but for those who want to become well. It houses expanded rehabilitation services, sports medicine and acceleration training, a new spine and pain program, a sleep lab, an outpatient surgical center, and more.

2013

The county celebrates 100 years of having a hospital. The Southern Utah Neurosciences Institute opens and offers brain surgery.