Primary Children’s Hospital, Emergency Medical Services for Children, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services and Preparedness and the University of Utah have partnered to offer free Pediatric Emergency and Trauma Outreach Series (PETOS) to EMS providers.
The lectures will be presented by physicians from Primary Children’s Hospital. The format will be informal, inviting questions and discussion.
Join us for the live presentation on Zoom each 2nd Monday from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Join Zoom MeetingJoin Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/98193757707?pwd=UzdNeXppQUdtZ01KZUp2UFlzRk9vdz09
Meeting ID: 981 9375 7707
If you cannot attend live, you can still get continuing education credit for watching the archived presentations below.
The most recent presentations will be added to our archive list within a few weeks, in the meantime they can be accessed through the most current issue of our free, digital newsletter: EMSC Connects.
To view archived webinars, please see below:
- 6/13/2022 - Pediatric Head Injury, Sydney Ryan, MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_x4o027m7
- 5/9/2022 - Mental Health and Suicide in the Prehospital and ED Settings, Natalie Tedford, MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_5xe561ur
- 4/11/2022 - BRUE and Safe Sleep: Infants like to make parenting stressful, Chari Larsen, MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_zyi6ifma
- 3/14/2022 - Interesting Prehospital Pediatric Cases, Chris Ryba, MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_qa5nx61i
- 2/14/2022 - Talking to Kids in Crisis, Alyssa Harris, CCLS and Sam Hensel, CCLS https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_bwfia8o7
- 1/10/2022 - Pediatric Case Review - Seizure in Status, Tia Dickson RN, BSN https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_4nl9abdh
- 12/13/2021 - None
- 11/8/2021 - Pediatric Case Study, Katie Russell MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_b1w24xm2
- 10/11/2021 - Pediatric Firearm Incidence: Trends & Our Role in Healthcare, Elizabeth Andersen NP https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_4p1mmet0
- 9/13/2021 - Pediatric Fractures, Sydney Ryan MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_oe731jft
- 8/9/2021 - EMS Outreach, Pediatric Ingestion of Foreign Bodies, Roni Lane MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_8z2iqhfm
- 7/12/2021 - Pediatrics in Disasters: Assessing Our Readiness, Jonathan Eisenberg DO https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_swfezght
- 6/14/2021 - Mom Something Bit Me and it Wasn’t my Brother, Sarah Becker MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_64s12jnu
- 5/10/2021 - The Pediatric Burn Patient, Part Deux, Annette Matherly MS RN https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_m8vcsxso
- 4/2021 - PETOS canceled
- 3/8/2021 - Pediatric Abdominal Pain, Joyce Soprano MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_m4pww2c8
- 2/8/2021 - Out of Hospital Pediatric Cardiac Arrest, Hill Stoecklein MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_2i2ti639
- 1/11/2021 - Handtevy Demo, Brett Cross MPH https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_7ivjwkeh
- 12/14/2020 - Pediatric Respiratory Emergencies, Mike Miescier MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_j4eyoh60
- 11/9/2020 - Supporting the Pediatric Patient in the Field, Jodie Westra CCLS https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_9plf12lq
- 10/12/2020 - Pediatric Drowning, Hilary Hewes MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_4ztffsv3
- 9/14/2020 - Prehospital Pediatric Trauma, David Weber PM https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/1_jrog7elm
- 8/10/2020 - Economic Trauma in Low- and Middle- Income Countries, Jeff Robison MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/0_53pdzp48
- 6/13/20 - Hurt in the Dirt, ATV Injuries by Hilary Hewes, MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/0_629hp98r
- 3/9/20 - Little Airways by Sarah Becker, MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/0_g26remei
- 2/10/20 - Pediatric Environmental Emergencies by Dave Weber, PM https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/0_nv8vbr7j
- 1/13/20 - Screening for Child Abuse, by Tia Dickson, BSN https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/0_kn0un5f2
- 12/9/19 - Interesting Peds Cases, Winter Edition by Hilary Hewes, MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/0_vyhyzqgs
- 11/2019 - None
- 10/14/19 - Seat Belt Injuries by Elizabeth “Buzz” Andersen NP https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/0_w4tutz8j
- 9/9/19 - Lightning Strikes and Other Electrical Injury By Hallie Keller MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/0_bcvt1tek
- 8/12/19 - Pediatric Drowning By Katie Russell MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/0_dxx6iutd
- 7/8/19 - Novel Psychoactive Substances in the Prehospital Setting by Michael Moss, MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/0_v0raotct
- 6/10/19 - Pediatric Respiratory Emergencies by Zachary Drapkin MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/0_2sfxjo0b
- 5/2019 - None
- 4/8/19 - Seizure and Status Epilepticus in the ER by Maija Holsti MD https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/0_pewjla3d
- 3/7/19 - The Pediatric Burn Patient by Annette Newman MS RN CCRN https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/0_v74fi6bl
- 2/2019 - None
- 1/3/19 - Pediatric Trauma Guidelines by Lisa Runyon CPNP https://mediaspace.utah.edu/media/t/0_49i3lh1d
Certificate of Completion
To receive a certificate of completion for attendance at a live lecture be sure to include you email when the host requests it in the chat. Certificates are e-mailed out after verification of attendance and processing.
For certificate of completion on archived presentations e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with date and title of presentation viewed, you will receive a 3 question quiz to verify participation and once the quiz is returned, certificates are e-mailed out.
We try to have certificates out within a week but will occasionally have delays.