As Utah's premier children's hospital, we are able to provide a variety of opportunities for learning and growth for child life specialists. The Child Life Fellowship at Primary Children's Hospital is offered as a full-time position, without benefits, for one year. We strive to support fellows through mentorship and educational opportunities.
Our fellowship is designed for new child life specialists to work independently with support from a mentor, who helps the fellow navigate the hospital and work environment.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in child life, human development, or related field (degree will be verified).
- Successfully completed child life internship with supporting documentation.
- Child Life Certification from the Association of Child Life Professionals or eligible for Child Life Certification (to be obtained within 6 months of hire date).
- Computer experience in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases or similar applications.
- Experience in Child Life Core Competencies which include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing supportive relationships
- Meeting needs of child and family members, with a focus on social, emotional, and cognitive development
- Providing education to and communicating with children, families and team members
- Providing coping support and comfort management
- Guiding children in therapeutic play techniques
- Ongoing assessment and written documentation of clinical care.