Building the Future of Primary Children’s Hospital
Primary Children’s is in the middle of a four-year construction project to make the hospital better for patients and families. This significant undertaking will touch nearly every part of the hospital, and our team is working diligently to ensure minimal impact on patients, visitors, and caregivers.
"We are excited about this project and how it helps us fulfill our mission to put The Child First and Always," says Katy Welkie, Primary Children's Hospital CEO. "We also understand that an undertaking such as this will cause inconveniences, and we deeply appreciate your patience as the project moves along."
Please don't hesitate to reach out with any concerns or questions you have. Email messages to PC-Construction-Info@imail.org will be responded to promptly.
- The construction of a new four-story tower on the northeast corner of the hospital, which will include ancillary department offices (Security, Volunteers, Family Support Services, Social Work, etc.) and a Fetal Center
- Modernization of Rainbow Café and Treehouse Café
- "Right sizing" of several inpatient units. Upon the project's completion, all patient rooms will be private.
- Creation of flexible patient bed areas for fluctuations in patient volumes
- Construction of private NICU patient rooms and sleeping areas for patient families
- Creation of new treatment rooms separate from patient rooms, and new medication safety rooms.
- Separation of the NICU by building an area with high-acuity patient beds, and a NICU transition unit to support patient families with their education and transition home.
- Expansion of the Oncology unit, with more space for infusion chairs, private rooms, and team collaboration rooms for care conference meetings.
- Construction of a new, dedicated Heart Center/Transplant unit.
- Addition of another Ronald McDonald Family Room on Level 4