Intermountain’s Adult Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) Program has expanded from Primary Children's Hospital to the Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute. This allows patients to smoothly transition from a pediatric to an adult healthcare setting when they turn 18.
There are over one million adults with CHD
alive today in the U.S. In fact, the number of adults with CHD exceeds
the number of children, and this number is anticipated to grow.
We provide routine, proactive follow-up care to manage heart complications that can arise over your lifetime with CHD. We also guide you as your face important milestones of adulthood, including employment, family planning, and lifestyle choices.
- 24-hour consult service available for patients in the hospital
- On-site outpatient clinic with immediate access to imaging and testing
- Advanced imaging including extensive experience with transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiogram
- Management of risk factors for heart disease, including high blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Family planning, including appropriate birth control
- Consultation before pregnancy, including genetic counseling
- Management of new rhythm disturbances and possible heart failure
- Pacemaker implantation as needed
- Additional medications, interventions, and possible surgery to correct
complications that arise over time
We see patients on the Intermountain Medical Center campus in the following office: