Are you a good candidate for weight loss surgery?
If you have one or more of the following, weight loss surgery may be a good option for you:
- Body Mass Index (BMI) greater than 35 with one or more obesity-related conditions
- BMI greater than 40
- 100 pounds or more to lose
- Medically managed weight-loss programs have failed to help you reach a healthy weight
You might not be eligible if:
- Your obesity is related to an untreated metabolic or endocrine disorder
- You have an untreated history of substance abuse or untreated major psychiatric disease
- You have health conditions that are severe enough that surgery would be dangerous
- You want to become pregnant within the next 18 months
How to Get Started
Medically Supervised Diet (not required for self-pay patients)
Garrett Rose's Weight Loss Story
It took four years for Garrett Rose to decide to get weight loss surgery. He had tried multiple diets over the years that didn't work long-term and decided weight loss surgery would be the tool to help him to decrease his portion sizes and provide him the ability to live a normal life.
Watch Garrett's story here.
Phil Garrett's Weight Loss Story
Listen to the story of Phil Garrett, a weight loss surgery patient who made the decision to get the surgery that changed his life. For Phil, weight loss surgery was a tool that got him out of a rut and allowed him to live his life.
Watch Phil's story here.
Judy Jameson's Weight Loss Surgery Story
Judy Jameson has always been active and found much joy in riding horses. Since she underwent weight loss surgery, she has more energy and changed her whole lifestyle for the better.
Watch Judy's story here.
Please contact your insurance company for specific criteria and bariatric coverage. Some insurance companies will ask for procedure codes:
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (43775)
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass (43644)
- Duodenal Switch (43845)
2. Self-pay Pricing:
Please contact Intermountain at 855-442-1531 for self-pay pricing and options.