LGBTQ + Patient Care
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) individuals often experience disparities in healthcare access and outcomes due to several factors. All providers are invited to join a team of experts via live video to increase cultural and clinical competence for LGBTQ patient care, and to discuss YOUR patient cases!
Next Session: The LGBTQ series has been completed at this time!
Scheduled 2023 Sessions (12-1:30pm MST)
- January 10, 2023 - Youth LGBTQ
- January 24, 2023 - Preventive Care for the LGBTQ Community
- February 28, 2023 - Obesity and LGBTQ Health
Scheduled 2022 Sessions (12 - 1:30pm MST)
- December 27, 2022 -No Session (Winter Break)
- December 13, 2022 - HIV Treatment: Treatment as Prevention (TaP), Early Treatment, Post - Exposure Prophylaxis
- November 22, 2022 - HIV Prevention: Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis
- October 25, 2022 - Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy (GAHT)
- October 11, 2022 - Substance Use: Tobacco, Drugs, Alcohol in the LGBTQ Population
- September 27, 2022 - Depression/Anxiety/Sexual Identity/Intimate Partner Violence: Special Considerations with the LGBTQ Population
- September 13, 2022 - Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Screening/Prevention/Treatment: How is This Different for LGBTQ Patients?
- August 9, 2022 - ECHO Basics
- August 23, 2022 - Taking a Sexual Health History from LGBTQ Patients
Expert Clinical Panel
Note: Project ECHO is an Educational Network for Providers, if you need to reach these providers please reach out to their clinics directly.
- Ejay Jack, LCSW, MPA | He/Him
- Rebecca Klotzer, PA-C | She/Her
- Philip D. Bassett, PharmD, BCACP | He/Him
- Nathan Allred, MD | He/Him
- Peter Best, MPH, CHES, MSW(c) | He/Him