Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) individuals often experience disparities in health care access and outcomes due to several factors, including social issues such as bias and prejudice, marginalizing laws and policies, and a lack of LGBTQ-friendly practices in all areas of care. All providers are invited to join a team of experts via live video to increase cultural and clinical competence for LGBTQ patient care, and to discuss YOUR patient cases!
Sessions Coming Soon
2020 Sessions have been postponed due to COVID-19. Please complete a registration form to be notified when sessions resume.
- LGBTQ 101 – Pronouns, Terminology, Disparities
- Taking a Sexual Health History from LGBTQ Patients
- STI Screening/Prevention/Treatment – How is this different for LGBTQ patients?
- Depression/Anxiety/Sexual Identity/Intimate Partner Violence – Special Considerations with the LGBTQ Population
- Substance Use: Tobacco, Drugs, Alcohol – Signs to watch for
- Trans- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Gender-affirming Surgery and Aftercare
- HIV Prevention – Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Treatment as Prevention (TaP), Early Treatment of People Living with HIV, Post-Exposure Prophylaxis
- Senior & Youth LGBTQ
- Preventive Care for the LGBTQ Community
- Family planning – A panel discussion of the barriers, loopholes, and special considerations same-sex couples face when conceiving and adopting
*Topics subject to change
Expert Clinical Panel
- Matt Bryan, MD, Clinical Lead | Associate Medical Director of LGBTQ Health | Avenues Internal Medicine, Intermountain Healthcare
- Jan Stucki, MPH, Equity and Inclusion Consultant | Office of Equity and Inclusion, Intermountain Healthcare
- Conor Hanrahan, PharmD, BCPS, CPHIMS, CPPS | Director, Medication Policy and Outcomes | Intermountain Healthcare
- Erika Sullivan, MD | Family Medicine | U of U Sugar House Health Center
- Laura Martel, MPH | Program Manager | Utah AIDS Education & Training Center
- Marissa Sherman, MS, CMCH | Counselor | Advanced Awareness Counseling
- Nathan Allred, MD | Medical Director, Graduate Medical Education and DIO | Intermountain Healthcare
- Nicole L. Mihalopoulos, MD, MPH, FACP, FTOS | Assoc. Prof. & Chief, Div. of Adolescent Medicine, Pediatrics | University of Utah Adolescent Medicine Clinic
- Philip D. Bassett, PharmD | Clinical Pharmacist, Dixie Medication Management Clinic | Intermountain Healthcare
- Susana Keeshin, MD | Infectious Disease, HIV/Aids Medicine | Primary Children’s Hospital
Continuing education credits for various disciplines available to qualifying participants.